Re: The problem of writing php code with emacs, Help!!

From: m . pontus
Subject: Re: The problem of writing php code with emacs, Help!!
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 20:29:17 -0400

Having the same problem. It may be better idea to put a bug into mmm-mode bug
tracker, but if anyone is familiar with this problem, the solution would me
much appreciated.

I managed to get backtrace on error occurrence, here is what it says:
 Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  c-syntactic-skip-backward(nil nil t)
  c-looking-at-decl-block(nil t)
  c-guess-basic-syntax()
  c-indent-line()
  c-electric-semi&comma(nil)
  call-interactively(c-electric-semi&comma nil nil)

My lack of elisp knowledge doesn't let me to help in fixing this issue.
I looked deeply for solution to this problem, unfortunately I didn't find
anything but the advices of using mumamo instead. Well, I hesitate to accept
this solution. nXhtml is a great package with a lot of features, but what i'm
looking for is a simple multimode in a buffer which will let me jump between
php, javascript and css in html document for indention and highlighting.
Omitting the fact that nXhtml had insufficient performance without
byte-compiling (i didn't try compiling it tbh) I don't like the idea of having
one package for all tasks. Sorry if i misunderstood the role of nXhtml and
mumamo package.

P.S.
I can not vouch for the reliability of next words, but as far as i can
remember, when i first installed and configured the package, i tried to write a
file combined of html, php, css and javascript and it worked well including
highlighting and indention. I can not remember if I changed something since
that time, but now I'm having this annoying error just like the topic starter.

--
This message was sent on behalf of m.pontus@gmail.com at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org/12975889.html