Disable buffer list when opening multiple files

From: Lane Schwartz
Subject: Disable buffer list when opening multiple files
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:51:06 -0500

Hi,

When I launch emacs, I often provide several files that I want opened right
away. (emacs a.txt b.txt c.txt) When emacs launches, the window is split in two
(which is what I want) but one of the halves shows a CRM Buffer *Buffer List*
displaying the live buffers.

I have no interest in the *Buffer List* and the first thing I do every time I
launch emacs is kill the Buffer List buffer.

How can I configure my .emacs file to prevent the Buffer List from appearing
automatically?

Any thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lane