Re: Need help installing NTemacs -- no evident README or INSTALL file

From: Gary
Subject: Re: Need help installing NTemacs -- no evident README or INSTALL file
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 17:52:49 +0200

David Combs writes:
> I recall from last summer downloading cygwin, and checking "emacs" as
> one of the programs to include along with it.  When I ran it,
> it was emacs all right, but it came up in only that small black
> and white "dos window", miserable.

That hasn't been true for some years. At least not necessarily so. Just
select one or more extra terminal packages (mintty is
good.. no.. excellent) and you can have colour and the like. Add the X
packages and you can have mouse usage and so on as well (AFAIK - I don't
use that myself). And all with the benefit of *n*x-alike tools to
support it.

--
Gary