Emacs and parent directory Makefile

From: Stéphane Maniaci
Subject: Emacs and parent directory Makefile
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 11:51:19 -0500

Hi,

My project uses non-recursive Makefile, thus there is only (at the moment) a single Makefile in my project root tree, that compiles (with Autotools) all my sources files, located in the src/ directory.

Now the problem is : when I'm editing my code and tries to compile it (M-x compile), I have to use 'make -k -C ../', which works fine, but Emacs doesn't know anymore which files contains error. When trying to move to last error, it outputs this :

Find this error in (default src/ease-about-dialog.vala): ~/build/ease/src/

Does anyone have a workaround for this ?

Thank you,

Stéphane.