Re: Emacs and parent directory Makefile

From: Geralt
Subject: Re: Emacs and parent directory Makefile
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:16:00 +0200

Hi,

are you all running make in silent mode? If I use make -C to build my
projects (and I do that for all of them) compilation-mode has no
problem to match the error reports to the originating files, because
make prints messages like "make: Entering directory
`/home/geralt/testproj'" whenever it changes it working directory (and
with -C it's the first thing that make prints).

However if you compile with the -s flag or the .SILENT target in my
makefile I don't get these directory change notification messages and
compilation-mode is no longer able to match error reports to the
originating files.

HTH,

Geralt.