Re: line-move-visual

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: line-move-visual
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:12:53 -0000

Mark Crispin <mrc@panda.com> writes:

> On Wed, 9 Jun 2010, Joseph Brenner posted:
>> May I suggest that:
>>  (1) Backwards compatibility is important.
>>  (2) Gratuitious changes should be avoided.
>>  (3) Breakage on upgrade is Not Good.
>> I can't believe we even need to argue about this.
>
> With arrogant system programmers, you do.

If you like beating up strawmen.  The actual question is what
constitutes "gratuitious" and how to weigh different categories.  That
is decided in discussions on the developer lists which everybody can
participate in.

Spouting abuse in other lists, in contrast, is not going to cause a
difference except to self-importancy.

--
David Kastrup