Re: [calc] routine tasks in batch mode

From: Eli Barzilay
Subject: Re: [calc] routine tasks in batch mode
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:15:54 -0000

pjb@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon) writes:

> Giacomo Boffi <giacomo.boffi@polimi.it> writes:
>
>> pjb@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon) writes:
>>
>>> But given that the purpose of calc is basically a four-operation
>>> calculator [...]
>>
>> you are talking of M-x calculator RET, i'm talking of M-x calc RET,
>> let's try to reach an agreement on the object of the discussion :-)

Yeah, using `calculator' for batch mode (for any definition of
"batch") would be useless.

> Perhaps as a mid point M-x calcul RET ?  ;-)

That's my fault...  I liked the idea behind `calc', but every time I
started it I could feel the horrible wastage of such a huge piece of
work when I just wanted to calculate some grade average or something
like that.  So I wrote a new package, and since `calc' was taken, I
used the next most fitting word...