Re: cperl-mode - how people outline their code?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: cperl-mode - how people outline their code?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:16:49 -0000

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 02:07:58 +0000 (UTC) Ilya Zakharevich
<nospam-abuse@ilyaz.org> wrote:

IZ> On 2010-04-23, LanX <lanx.perl@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> more folding on =pods would be nice, too.

IZ> Right now I have no idea what this might mean: essentially, we have an
IZ> "interleaved" file with two different "channels": code, and POD.  Each
IZ> one of them has its notion of "outline level", so if they were
IZ> separate, one could outline them without much problem.

IZ> Now how would these two different outline semantics be reflected on
IZ> the "interleaved" file?  Would one want to have two different "active"
IZ> levels, one for POD, another for code?

I would do outline levels on POD and also set up the next-error
framework to move back and forth between functions.

I used to use folding-mode in Perl but it's really dangerous to hide
code in my experience.  So I would only ever hide POD.

Ted