problem with xcscope and emacs -nw

From: Neil Baylis
Subject: problem with xcscope and emacs -nw
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:34:55 -0000

When I use emacs without gui (emacs -nw) I find that xcscope works
differently. The main problem is that I can no longer hit return in
the cscope results buffer to select an entry.

According to the code in xcscope.el, it binds [return] to cscope-
select-entry-other-window. This does indeed work when running emacs in
gui mode. But in emacs -nw mode, it acts as though this binging is
missing, i.e. it attempts to insert a newline in the cscope results
buffer, which is read-only.