Font issue with emacs

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Font issue with emacs
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:36:53 -0000

I upgraded to squeeze and emacs 23. Now when I use
emacs/sunrise-commander to view PDF files, the initial (cover page for
article) is clear, but all subsequent pages are almost illegible, as if
they were not anti-aliased. When I view the PDF document with xpdf from
a command line, all pages are readable.

Installed are ghostscript and gsfonts and gsfonts-X11; installing gv did
not help. I do not have xfs font server installed.

I don't know how to have emacs tell me what font it is using to display
PDF, nor how to change it from what seems to be an un-antialiased bitmap
font to one that is antialiased.

Haines Brown