how to debug emacs freezing on mac os x?

From: emacs user
Subject: how to debug emacs freezing on mac os x?
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 12:20:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I am experiencing frequent (once every couple of minutes) freezes of
emacs, and am finding myself spending too much time in front of a
spinning wheel cursor.  if I keep typing while the spinning cursor is
displayed, the text eventually does appear in the buffer.  c-g does
not have any effect.  this occurs while reading or sending mail,
editing latex, etc.  I was hoping someone could suggest what I could
do to identify the source of this problem in order to send a
meaningful bug report.  I am not a programmer, but can run emacs under
gdb if needed...

[using GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.5.0, NS apple-
appkit-1038.35) configured using `configure  '--with-ns' '--without-
x'']

Many thanks, E