RE: How to improve the readability of (any) LISP or any highlevel functi

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How to improve the readability of (any) LISP or any highlevel functional language to the level of FORTH ?
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 08:50:10 -0800

> yeah I guess the LOOP macro is where I got stuck in doing Lisp.

The `loop' macro is scarcely Lisp ;-).  Its syntax is certainly is not very
representative of Lisp's syntax, which is apparently the bugaboo of this thread.

`loop' is to Lisp as `find' is to a UNIX/GNU/Linux shell.  `loop' and `find' are
each practically a language unto itself.  Each can be useful ... and daunting to
the uninitiated.

If you learn the language of `loop' you might (or might not) like it, but not
liking the language of `loop' has little relation to not liking the language of
Lisp. ;-)

Some might appreciate this:
http://common-lisp.net/project/iterate/doc/index.html#Top

or the short version:
http://common-lisp.net/project/iterate/doc/Don_0027t-Loop-Iterate.html#Don_0027t
-Loop-Iterate

No flames from the Loopite Liberation Legion, if you please. ;-)