Unsolicited (garbage?) buffers

From: Scopeye
Subject: Unsolicited (garbage?) buffers
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 16:16:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I've got a .tex file; unfortunately, as I try to step through compilation
errors, the right buffer disappears, instead an empty buffer named Arch
Linux, of all things, emerges.

Help buffer, in response to C-h v TeX-master:

    TeX-master is a variable defined in `tex.el'.
    Its value is "../Woodhead_TheForbiddenTemple"
    Local in buffer Arch Linux; global value is nil

Arch Linux buffer is absolutely unsolicited: I've no idea were in comes from
or how to make it disappear from my life.