Re: feature request: horizontal scroll bar

From: Ulrich Scholz
Subject: Re: feature request: horizontal scroll bar
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 03:01:53 -0700 (PDT)

Am Montag, 16. Juli 2012 18:02:08 UTC+2 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:

> ??? What's wrong with automatic horizontal scrolling that Emacs
> provides by default (and which kicks in as soon as you truncate-lines
> to a non-nil value)?

Three things:

1) I'd like to have a visual feedback where I am in the file.  I have files
that are extremely wide and that have empty spots. You can get lost.

2) I'd like to view other parts of the file without moving the cursor.

3) I think that scrollbars are better to quickly navigate large distances in
large files. Ok, 90% are small movements within small files. Here, I enjoy the
Emacs key mappings.