Re: Using lisp code in emacs inside a C program

From: Rivka Miller
Subject: Re: Using lisp code in emacs inside a C program
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 22:08:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 25, 8:17 am, Sohail Somani <soh...@taggedtype.net> wrote:
> On 24/10/2012 11:13 PM, gnuist...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > I would
> > be even willing to put together a small lisp interpreter in C with
> > your help and then bootstrap it using Lisp etc and then dump the
> > binary image after it has computed rest of the higher lisp definitions
> > in primitive lisp and link it to my code in elisp.
>
> Tryhttp://ecls.sourceforge.net/which is an embeddable Common Lisp.
> It's pretty handy and good at what it says it does.

\begin{quotation}
ECL (ECL for short) uses standard C calling conventions for Lisp
compiled functions, which allows C programs to easily call Lisp
functions and vice versa. No foreign function interface is required:
data can be exchanged between C and Lisp with no need for conversion.
\end{quotation}

How did ECL achieve this?