Emacs 24 and Ubuntu 13.04 beta

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: Emacs 24 and Ubuntu 13.04 beta
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 02:56:56 -0700

Once I upgraded to beta Ubuntu and ran KDE (and some other desktops), emacs will not run reliably.

Emacs starts once on KDE, per session.  After that, if started from a console, the console freezes.

What is going on?  I also have trouble with certain other desktops.

Emacs 24.3 has not worked, in particular, at all.   This has been going on for a while.

Can anyone suggest what's going on with KDE and emacs?  I have tried compiling emacs with gtk 2.0.  I think it worked in the past; however, with emacs 24.3 it didn't work.

Alan D.