Re: Sorting with threads in Gnus

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Sorting with threads in Gnus
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 15:43:16 +0200

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> It would be good if others could test-drive it a bit more.  If it
> doesn't break anything, I'm going to add some docs and commit it in
> the Gnus master branch.

Ah, it looks to easy to be able to break anything, so I've just pushed
it out. ;-)

Raghavendra, could you try running the Git version of Gnus and setting

  (setq gnus-sort-threads-recursively nil
        gnus-thread-sort-functions
        '(gnus-thread-sort-by-number
          (not gnus-thread-sort-by-date)))

That should give you the sorting order you want, i.e., new threads at
the top, old threads at the bottom, but inside threads from old to new.

Bye,
Tassilo