Re: What's an even easier explanation how to setup gnus ...

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: Re: What's an even easier explanation how to setup gnus ...
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 20:29:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:47:44 AM UTC+5:30, W. Greenhouse wrote:
> Also, please consider
> http://coding2learn.org/blog/2013/07/29/kids-cant-use-computers/
> when you assume (a) that it's grandparents who are the ignorant users,
> when they may have more experience than their grandkids with general
> purpose computing, and (b) that it is a wise long-term strategy to cater
> to user ignorance.

Ha Ha! V Funny, though a bit harsh.

A view from the other side: http://www.proxios.net/pdf/ITDoesn%27tMatter.pdf

Also related to Bell's law:

> Roughly every decade a new, lower priced computer class forms based on a new
> programming platform, network, and interface resulting in new usage and the
> establishment of a new industry.

Combined with generation gaps we get these effects.
eg I know how to use a computer better than the average kid of today, whereas
they usually know how to use a phone better than me.

emacs belongs to the generation in which people assumed that to use an artifact
-- maybe software or hard -- one had to read a manual.

Today's kids dont know whats a manual and dont know how to read