Re: Line number where eval-after-load is defined in my .emacs file

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Line number where eval-after-load is defined in my .emacs file
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 09:19:40 +0100

() "Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/iDocfnWg@public.gmane.org>
() Wed, 13 Nov 2013 21:12:30 +0100

   So the question boils down to: is it possible to access/save the line
   number of where the macro is called (in my .emacs file)?

Under some circumstances, yes.  Here is a quick sketch:

that demonstrates the basic technique, and illustrates the primary
shortcomings -- unreliability and imprecision (if you use it, you will
undoubtedly discover the other shortcomings, soon enough :-D).

To play, save to disk, ‘M-x load-file’ it, and then examine the
*Messages* buffer.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502