Re: turning line mode on/off with defun not working

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: turning line mode on/off with defun not working
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 00:16:48 +0100

Wes James <comptekki@gmail.com> writes:

> (global-linum-mode)

So there is a third way to do it. But like I said, I
don't like the idea of having it global. If you want it
global, I guess you could put that line in your .emacs
(just the line) and be done with it.

> (defun name ()...) or (defun name()...)

Both works but I like the whitespace there. Because
that is actually an empty list (or nil), and not a
place where you put parameters (like it is in C) - or,
it is both in Lisp.

Try it yourself with nil instead of the empty
parenthesis pair. (Then, obviously you need the
whitespace.)

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573