My humble additions to AUCTeX

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: My humble additions to AUCTeX
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 00:28:18 +0100

Hi all,

I've recently started putting together some functions to enhance
AUCTeX.  Currently, a very limited set is ready (getting info about
the "token" (in the TeX sense) at point and movement by tokens), and
this is not really meant for an average B. L. User yet (there are no
keybindings). Still, I thought I might share it:
https://github.com/mbork/tex-plus.el .  As mentioned in the readme
file, I plan to add a few things.  Currently I'm thinking about
replacing M-f, M-d etc. with commands acting on tokens if at a control
word and on words otherwise (so that e.g. an unescaped backslash at the
beginning is treated as the part of "word").  Later, I'd like to
implement some functions to work with \left ... \right, \bigl ... \bigr
and similar delimiters.

I'd be very thankful for any opinions/thoughts, bug reports or feature
requests. I have very limited spare time now, but I'll have more of it
in a few weeks, so I'll be able to devote more time to work on this.
Also, I still consider myself an Elisp newbie, so it is well possible
that I did violate some conventions ar good style...

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University