Re: Prob wit init.el / .emacs on two different installation (win - linux

From: David Robinow
Subject: Re: Prob wit init.el / .emacs on two different installation (win - linux)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 21:18:50 -0500

On 1/28/2014 11:15 AM, Rusi wrote:

This is the best I could find but it will not work for example if
you do emacs -nw in linux
There must be some variable for "Am I on windows? Linux? Mac?" but I dont
know which
sysyem-type
The value is a symbol indicating the type of operating system you are using.
Special values:
  `gnu'          compiled for a GNU Hurd system.
  `gnu/linux'    compiled for a GNU/Linux system.
  `gnu/kfreebsd' compiled for a GNU system with a FreeBSD kernel.
  `darwin'       compiled for Darwin (GNU-Darwin, Mac OS X, ...).
  `ms-dos'       compiled as an MS-DOS application.
  `windows-nt'   compiled as a native W32 application.
  `cygwin'       compiled using the Cygwin library.
Anything else (in Emacs 24.1, the possibilities are: aix, berkeley-unix,
hpux, irix, usg-unix-v) indicates some sort of Unix system.