Re: emacs for an old apple?

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: emacs for an old apple?
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 10:18:13 +0000

Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> writes:

> The apple computer I have has Leopard on it since it's a ppc type computer
> not intel.

I have an old G4 powerbook around  which I got on ebay for 50 bucks.
My solution: Get rid of OSX Tiger, install Debian.
Everything just works, the system gets security updates,
huge repos of up-to-date free software.

Sure, Leopard (the last version of OSX which supported PPc)
is not Tiger, and  still a viable option - for now. But that
is bound to change rather sooner than later, so why wait.

--
| SDF and SDF-EU Public Access UNIX System  |