Re: emacs for an old apple?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: emacs for an old apple?
Date: 17 Mar 2014 15:50:14 GMT

Tim Visher wrote:
> I doubt that there are recently compiled version of emacs for PPC
> architectures. But then again this is emacs. There are probably
> recently compiled version of it that run on LISP machines or
> something. :)

The README for the build script used to create the OS X binaries on
http://emacsformacosx.com/ says "[t]he script tries to build a universal
binary that runs on 32 bit Intel, 64 bit Intel, and PowerPC
processors."[1]

So the OP might try one of the builds from that site and see if it
works.

Joost

[1] https://github.com/caldwell/build-emacs

--