Re: RTF for emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: RTF for emacs
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 02:18:36 +0200

This discussion is a bit confusing: let's see...

1. Can't use plain text because it isn't fitted for
tables or diagrams; it can't include images (a bit of
an absurd argument, but OK, it can't); and, it doesn't
look respectable enough when you write to
your bank (!).

2. Can't use a word processor (like Libre or Open
Office) because it sucks not using Emacs, having to
click icons etc. like it is a zoo or circus. (Actually
I have forgot what the reason were, so those are
courtesy of Yours Truly).

3. Can't use LaTeX because it is (supposedly) to
difficult, though it does all the things mentioned,
most likely better than anything else - stated and
understood, it produces PDFs.

Though I can't recommend it as I have never used it,
doesn't it look like that Org-mode is what you need?
Granted it handles formatting, tables, and diagrams,
and is capable of including images? Which I take it
does? So though I'm for plain text and in rare cases
LaTeX, logic seems to pinpoint Org-mode. The plot
thickens...

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573