Re: When do you prefer frames instead of windows?

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: When do you prefer frames instead of windows?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 08:45:16 +0700

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 10:40 PM, Raffaele Ricciardi
<rfflrccrd@gmail.com> wrote:
> The usefulness of frames is evident for buffers that update their content
> according to the current buffer (like Speedbar and ECB). Besides this kind
> of use, when do you prefer frames instead of windows?

At my job, I have a dual monitor setup (16:9 24" + 4:3 20"). I split
my left monitor into two window stacks with i3wm, then put an Emacs
frame in each stack. This gives me roughly 100-character-wide frames
which happily coincides with my team’s coding standard.

This way, I can work with up to 4 buffers when necessary, or
independently switch any of the stacks to a different application
(xterm or Firefox or whatever).