Re: pirate bay, w3m, and the interface is just an interface (BEST post e

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: pirate bay, w3m, and the interface is just an interface (BEST post ever)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 16:28:32 -0500

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 00:39:21 +1000 Paul Rankin <paul@tilk.co> wrote:

PR> I think there has been something of a cultural shift in the last few
PR> decades, or maybe even century, wherein people have detached
PR> somewhat from their communities and constructed a kind of internal
PR> morality.

I find this statement somewhat funny because the entertainment industry
has managed to extend copyright terms beyond the ridiculous[1] and there
was no such thing as copyright for most of humanity's existence. It
takes a nuclear village to raise a copyright-abiding child, I guess.

Ted

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_Term_Extension_Act