RE: Advice on troubleshooting function to "unscroll"

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Advice on troubleshooting function to "unscroll"
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 17:06:57 -0800 (PST)

> meant to ask (more or less) "why weren't the Emacs Devs satisfied
> with scroll-up, which did work after all".

It was thought good to give users a choice (via option
`scroll-error-top-bottom') of what happens when a scrolling error
is raised.  I use the default value of the option (`nil'), so for
me the behavior is exactly the same as for command `scroll-up'.
But you might prefer an option value of `t'.

> I think we really need Sacha Chua to do an Emacs Chat with you.  I,
> personally, would love to learn a bit about your workflow and Emacs
> config.  (Not that I would necessarily like to copy it: I strongly
> disagree with you on the window/frame issue, for instance!)

Sorry.  I've told Sacha that there are tons of others to be
interviewed before and instead of me.  And I don't really have a
workflow.  And my config is pretty much the code I've made available
here and there.  I've used Emacs for a long time, but that doesn't
mean that I use it particularly well or in any particularly
interesting way.

In particular, I no longer develop software (apart from futzing
around with Emacs Lisp), so my use of Emacs is hardly helpful to
anyone wanting to program: most Emacs users and use cases.

I don't use Emacs for anything, apart from playing with Emacs.