RE: Delete Help Window - restore window config

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Delete Help Window - restore window config
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 12:40:04 -0800 (PST)

>   I presume that I could experiment with icicles without
>   'require'ing it in .emacs by loading it from *scratch*
>   would that be the correct emacsen method?

(Dunno what you mean by loading it from *scratch*.)

Assuming all of the Icicles source files are in a directory that
is in your `load-path', you can just use `M-x load-library icicles'.
Or you can use `M-: (require 'icicles)'.

Or if you downloaded Icicles as a package (e.g. from MELPA)
then use the usual package-oriented ways of loading it.
Something like this:

(require 'package)
(package-initialize)
(add-to-list 'package-archives