Re: Emacs Slowdown

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Emacs Slowdown
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:23:41 +0000

Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk> writes:
>>> This Emacs hung eventually and had to be xkill'd.
>>
>> Ah, then a C-level backtrace might be helpful.  I.e. instead of killing
>> the beast, attach to it with GDB.
>

> Okay, that's going to take a bit more learning on my behalf, bit I will
> work on this next.

Apologies if I have not done the right thing here -- I've not written
much C nor used gdb before.

Here are a set of backtraces at some random points within an emacs
session. I let it go till it hung. The last two backtraces are after it
has become non-responsive, up till the kill.

This was, again, while using auctex.