Re: ~`symbol-function' to get code as list even when byte-compiled?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: ~`symbol-function' to get code as list even when byte-compiled?
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 01:49:47 +0200

> Right. Tho my recommendation is to always pass those
> args to your payloads; and if those payloads are
> meant to be used "anywhere" and don't care about
> their args, then give them an arglist of (&rest _).

If the functions don't need special treatment I'm OK
with the extra glue to make it all work.

But, if the functions do need special treatment, ever
so slight, I'm not OK with the glue because then
I might as well go all the way and explicitly remove
the selfsame functions from the hook, and that will
not require any glue at all.

I'm OK with both solutions but not a hybrid one
encompassing parts of both.

On the different side altogether, if there is
a (semi-)official solution to the base problem (i.e.,
add a one shot function to a hook), I will use it and
(obviously) then comply with the interface.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573