Re: From Gnus to mu4e

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: From Gnus to mu4e
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 12:03:00 +0200

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:
>
>> Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

>>> True - offlineimap checks in my case every two minutes (offlineimap's
>>> quick check), and an more detailed check every 10 minutes - I guess this
>>> is often quite often.
>>
>> Offlineimap supports IDLE.
>
> Does this mean you don't need to run offlineimap periodically if you use
> this modeĀ ? It doesn't help with potential race conditions with Gnus
> accessing the mailbox, does itĀ ?

Yes - offlineimap is running permanently, but ony checks in specific
intervalls - the rest of the time it is idling, but can, if told so,
keep the connection open (and this is what I do in my config).

No - I don't think it has any impact on potential race conditions.

Cheers,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug