Re: 64 bit official Windows builds

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: 64 bit official Windows builds
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 02:44:26 -0800 (PST)

On Friday, 8 January 2016 09:12:20 UTC, Eli Zaretskii  wrote:
> No, this compromise contradicts the GPL.  The sources must be
> available from the same place as the binaries

Are you sure about this? My understanding is that source code is to be provided
if it is requested:

  http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en.html#WhatDoesWrittenOfferValid

I believe a GNU Emacs 64bit Windows download should be self-contained and
include all runtime DLLs that are necessary for it to run.