Re: Build Emacs without Lisp?

From: Jeffrey Walton
Subject: Re: Build Emacs without Lisp?
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 18:44:41 -0400

>>> Are you on some uncommon platform where you
>>> have to compile everything manually or why
>>> don't you just use the distro's package
>>> manager to install it?
>>
>> Yes. I'm in a Debian QEMU/Chroot for S/390x
>
> S/390x - is that the IBM ESA/390 mainframe of
> the 90s?
>
> Really? You have one at home?

No, I don't have one at home.

Debian carries our software, and they test under S/390x. You can see
some other platforms they test under at https://www.debian.org/ports/.

If you don't like the policy, then I suggest you take it up with the
Debian folks. I'm happy to elide the support because my plate is too
full as it is.

Jeff