Re: Build Emacs without Lisp?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Build Emacs without Lisp?
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 06:36:06 +0200

Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't do it because its cool. I do it to
> ensure we don't receive bug reports from out
> package maintainer, László Böszörményi.

Okaay... (?)

> I suggest you try that in the environment.

So first you ask a question which is all but
impossible to understand, how to install Emacs
without LISP; then it turns out you do it on an
IBM mainframe from the 90s for which there is
no support, no editors, no debugger, and even
the shell is broke; finally, when I ask why in
Gods name anyone would do that you suggest *I*
do it?

OK: I don't do it because I don't have such
a system, and a don't see any gain spending
hours on something I already have up and
running on my R-Pi!

But if I did it, I would consider it a cool
project and I wouldn't be frustrated about it.

And, I would get on the S/390 newsgroups and
mailing lists!

                   - so far: 55 Blogomatic articles -