Question about setting epg-gpg-program to an old version of gpg2

From: Chunyang Xu
Subject: Question about setting epg-gpg-program to an old version of gpg2
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 19:51:52 +0800

Hi.

I have a question about setting up EasyPG.

When I open ~/.authinfo.gpg, Emacs fails and reports

  epg-context--make: GPG error: "no usable configuration", OpenPGP

after doing some search, I find setting `epg-gpg-program' resolves the issue

  (custom-set-variables '(epg-gpg-program  "gpg2"))

However, `epg-config--program-alist' says minimum required version of
gpg2 is 2.1.6 but mine is 2.0.30. Why didn't Emacs prevent me from using
unsatisfactory version?

Regards,

--
Chunyang Xu