Re: Japanese input in Linux environment (fcitx-mozc)

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Japanese input in Linux environment (fcitx-mozc)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 09:08:30 +0900

> 2017/06/07 8:54、Maria Shinoto <maria@shinoto.de>のメール:
>
> 2) The LANG variable seems to be the problem, since I write on a basically
> German system with additional keyboard and language input. I will check this.
> Basically, I want to stay with a German system and write multilingual papers
> in Japanese or English mainly. Will test it all and report.

I have exactly the same issue. I write French, English and Japanese (albeit on
a Mac system) and the difficulty to shift from an input system to the other is
what keeps me on the Mac.

You may want to get in touch the the Tokyo Linux User Group (TLUG) they have a
nice mailing list and they are generally extremely helpful.

Jean-Christophe