Re: Fatal error 11: Segmentation Fault

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Fatal error 11: Segmentation Fault
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 10:18:46 +0200

On Wed, Apr 03, 2019 at 07:30:19AM +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:

(off a tangent, but interesting, I think)

[...]

> I like to explicitly `require' everything and
> anything any and all file need, every time,
> then byte compile everything.

So far, so good.

> Again, remove one file, ~10 other files report
> errors because they rely on that file.

And here you see the price you pay for your above
decision. If every (module, file, call them how you
want) "taked care" of its dependencies, you'd have
more independency among all those moving parts.

You pay a price for this approach too [1], nothing
comes for free. But this latter approach seems to
be current consensus for more complex systems.

Cheers

[1] If left to evolve without constraints it leads to
   something I once called "the Java Disease". This was
   before node.js and npm -- these days I'd coin another
   term for it, for sure.

-- tomás