Using 'git bisect' to pinpoint errors in .emacs. Was: Fatal error 11: Se

From: Vegard Vesterheim
Subject: Using 'git bisect' to pinpoint errors in .emacs. Was: Fatal error 11: Segmentation Fault
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 10:51:38 +0000

I haven't read all the messages in this thread closely, but it reminded
me of a similar situation.

After upgrading to emacs25 some time ago, I experienced that emacs would
segfault every so often. I have been using emacs for many years, and my
.emacs file is constantly tweaked, so it was difficult to pinpoint what
was causing the crash. I finally discovered a way to reliably reproduce
this segfault. Since I have my .emacs in git, it was simply a matter of
supplying a small script that triggered the error to the 'git bisect
run' command. After running for a while git was able to pinpoint the
change in my .emacs that triggered the bug.

--
- Vegard V -