Emacs 26.1 on Windows is HUGE

From: Björn Lindqvist
Subject: Emacs 26.1 on Windows is HUGE
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 00:01:06 +0200

I thought it was time to update my version of Emacs on Windows. So I
download emacs-26.1-x86_64-no-deps.zip package from
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-26/. It is a whopping 109
mb and consumes 407 mb of space uncompressed. The emacs.exe file
itself is 121 mb. In comparison the emacs 24.5 installation consumes
160 mb and emacs.exe itself 8 mb.

I posit that there is something wrong with the way Emacs is packaged
for Windows. Perhaps there is a more lightweight distribution?

--
mvh/best regards Björn Lindqvist