Re: Make scroll-{up, down} move point to {start, end} of newly visible t

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Make scroll-{up, down} move point to {start, end} of newly visible text
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 17:35:10 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Actually depending on what data is available maybe that can
>> be computed quite easily, by adding N, divide by the number
>> of lines visibly etc, simple arithmetics.
>
> You forgot that Emacs supports variable fonts and images
> embedded in text since 2001... So the simple arithmetics
> doesn't really work, except in some cases where you
> are lucky.

It is pointless to discuss what can ore cannot be done until
it is clear what data is or can be available. Since it says
"Bottom" in my mode bar that data is clearly available
somewhere, and it is actually everything needed in this case
to prevent or allow scrolling ....

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal