help-gnu-music

Re: Trying out Lily

From: Helgi Örn
Subject: Re: Trying out Lily
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 16:50:43 +0200

Thank's for your reply,

You were right, there was one } missing (the last brace) and now I've made my
first Lilypond document!
But there's one thing missing; the 8th notes look like 4th notes, so it doesn't
look like the outcome in the Tutorial, the script is identical to the one in
the Tutorial though, here it is:
-------------------------------
% lines preceded by a percent are comments.
\include "paper16.ly"
\score {
   \notes
   \relative c'' \sequential{
          \time 3/4;
          \key g;

      \repeat "volta" 2 {
          d4 g,8 a b c d4 g, g |
          e'4 c8 d e fis g4 g, g |
          c4 d8()c b a( )b4 c8 b a g |
          a4 [b8 a] [g fis] g2. |
       }

       b'4 g8 a b g
       a4 d,8 e fis d |
       g4 e8 fis g d cis4 b8 cis a4 |
       a8-. b-. cis-. d-. e-. fis-.
       g4 fis e |
       fis a, r8 cis8
       d2.-\fermata
       \bar "|.";
   }
   \paper {
      % standard settings are too wide for a book
      linewidth = 14.0 \cm;
  }
}

So what can it be this time?