help-gnu-music

jazz-sheet

From: Atte André Jensen
Subject: jazz-sheet
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 14:39:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

Trying to create convincing jazz sheets with Lilypond I have a couple of
unanswered questions I wasn't able to locate the answer for in the
reference manual (Or the FAQ or the mail archive)

1) Formatting. How do I get rid of the pagenumber, the barnumbers and
the indent in the first line? And where do I tweak the font settings, like
chose different fonts and adjusting the font size for lyrics, title text
and chords? I expect this could/should be done by copying some of the
files in ..lilypond.ly and including the private versions in my mudela
code.

2) Chords. How can I get the triangle for major 7th chords and ø
for halfdiminished? If I put \property ChordNames.chordNameStyle =
"american" I get at least ø, but it also does strange things, like giving
me "Gaug" (that is no 7) for g:7.5+. Where can I read more about which
files does what and what the code in them exactly means?

4) How do I add another line of chords above the one I have?

5) How do I get "rehersal signs" in boxes to indicate parts?

I don't know where to start. Am I overlooking something (important!) in
the documentation, since I can't figure this out by myself??

If you wanna look at the .ly file in question and the .ps file and
original I'm trying to make it look like I put it at
http://hjem.get2net.dk/atte/lips.html
--
Atte André Jensen