help-gnu-music

Re: Segmentation fault in 1.3.98 if you \include bad "italiano.ly"

From: Alexandre et/ou Sophie Beneteau
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault in 1.3.98 if you \include bad "italiano.ly"
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:16:17 +0000

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> address@hidden writes:
> > A few weeks ago, I compiled Lilypond 1.3.94 and discoverded that
> > "italiano.ly" was not updated (lilypond complain about mistakes into
> > this file)...
>
> thanks.
> >
> > Now, "itiliano.ly" still contains an error, but Lilypond does *NOT*
> > complain about it and SEGFAULT :-(
> >

> well, it Works For Me.
>
>         dokkum:~/usr/src/lilypond$ lilypond  ly/italiano.ly
>         GNU LilyPond 1.3.98.uu1
>         Now processing: `ly/italiano.ly'
>         Parsing...dokkum:~/usr/src/lilypond$
>         dokkum:~/usr/src/lilypond$
>
> can you elaborate?
> ---
Certainly... but I'm really sorry, it seems that this segfault occured
by the conjonction of others problems (on my system ???)...
Since I've recompiled Lilypond... I tried the manipulation which
segfault last night today, and today does not segfault... maybe it's my
brain which segfault :-)... See what happens with the bad "italiano.ly"
:

> ly2dvi op821.ly
ly2dvi (GNU LilyPond) 1.3.98
executing: lilypond  op821.ly 2>&1
GNU LilyPond 1.3.98.
Now processing: `op821.ly'
Parsing...ly2dvi: LilyPond failed: lilypond  op821.ly 2>&1

LilyPond does not complain about "italiano.ly" included, as lilypond
1.3.94 did, but, you're right it does not segfault...
I'm very sorry for this mistake... and try to investigate

        Alex.