help-gnu-music

Re: Drumnotation

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Drumnotation
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 12:48:15 +0100

> How do I
> - Make a drum clef (vetical rectangle)

It's not implemented at the moment, but is very easy to add.
I'll take a look tonight. In the music typesetting book I have
available, the symbols looks like: ||
I assume that's what you want.

> - Typeset different note-heads (crosses and filled notes) in the same
> voice

Take a look in input/test/noteheadstyle.ly to see how to
change the note head appearance. By defining different
Threads, you can even have differently shaped note heads
simultaneously in the same Voice.

The real question is how you want to specify the note heads
to get it convenient. If you want different symbols for
notes of different durations, it's easy to implement
(in the function find-notehead-symbol in scm/output-lib.scm)
but if you rather want different note ``pitches'' to give
different symbols, it would require a few more lines of
hacking. Of course the first step is to define shortcuts
for the property settings, like
cross = \property Voice.NoteHead \override #'style = #'cross

I hope you now about the RhythmicStaff context to get a
single line staff, see input/test/rhythmic-staff.ly

    /Mats