help-gnu-music

clef sign colliding with beam

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: clef sign colliding with beam
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 10:56:31 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> The process of beaming the notes apparently nullifies the override
> directive.  Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
>
> On a side note, it would be really helpful if there was a master list of
> class properties like this (Voice.Stem -> length, etc. etc.).

take a look at
http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/lilypond/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/LilyPond-backend-properties.html.

I think you're looking for Beam \override #'y-position = <number>
This variable is rather deeply hidden in the documentation, so I'll
have a look to see if I can fix that.