help-gnu-music

Re: clef sign colliding with beam

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: clef sign colliding with beam
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:07:02 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> > Contexts going to Grobs.
>
> I like this new version much better, since you've included
> all the properties directly on the page for each grob.
> Why not even write out 'graphical object' instead of 'grob'.
> It doesn't make the text that much longer but removes one
> threshold in the learning process.

yes, but it adds a threshold in writing and reading the text, since
the term is more vague (eg. a graphical object != molecule) and
writing a colloquial text becomes harder with such verbose words.

> How about the information on the 'LilyPond context properties'
> page? It seems that it is a summary of all the different
> engraver properties, am I right?

Yes; it's similar to

http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/lilypond/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/LilyPond-backend-properties.html

for the backend.