help-gnu-music

Installation again

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Installation again
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:10:54 +0100

Hi again.
This is really stupid, I know. I tried to update lilypond and now it
won't run.
In panic I deleted all lilypond files and installed from scratch. Still
it didn't run.
I installed the old version 1.3.92 (which earlier did run) - but now it
does not.
The installation succedes but latex cannot find the files.
I think that I did exactly as last time I installed, so this is quite
strange.

To install in $HOME/usr/ I did:

mkdir $HOME/usr
mkdir $HOME/inc
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib"
export CPPFLAGS="-I $HOME/inc -DWEIRD_FOOBAR"
export MFINPUTS=$HOME/inc
export TEXINPUTS=$HOME/inc
cd lilypond-1.3.92
./configure --prefix=$HOME/usr
make
make all

But when I run ly2dvi I get

address@hidden:~/lilypond/docs]$ ly2dvi ex.ly
ly2dvi (GNU LilyPond) 1.3.92
executing: lilypond  ex.ly 2>&1
GNU LilyPond 1.3.92.
Now processing: `ex.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...[5]
Preprocessing elements...
Calculating column positions... [3]
paper output to ex.tex...
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.3.2x)
LaTeX2e <1999/12/01> patch level 1
Babel <v3.6Z> and hyphenation patterns for english, french, german,
ngerman, da
nish, dumylang, nohyphenation, loaded.

! I can't find file `ex_ly1.tex'.
<*> \nonstopmode \input ex_ly1.tex

Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
<*> \nonstopmode \input ex_ly1.tex

No pages of output.
Transcript written on texput.log.
ly2dvi Latex failed
address@hidden:~/lilypond/docs]$

I probably forgot some stupid env-var but I have no idea of which one...

-Rune