help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] address@hidden: cascaded radius server]

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] address@hidden: cascaded radius server]
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 16:44:46 +0300

Hello,

> I'm a little bit confused, because I started snoop on the second
> server.
> The second server gets a request from the first one,
> only if the local resolution failed, check the informations and send the
> correct
> answer back, but the first one doesn't forward the correct answer to the
> NAS, so every login failed.

What does the first server report in its logs? Probably,
pam_radius_auth.so somehow clobbers return data. To check for it,
either give `debug' or `audit' argument to pam_radius_auth.so (if
it handles them, of course) or add a pam_warn module after it, e.g:

auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so
auth       requisite    /lib/security/pam_warn.so

pam_warn will just output to syslog a message like:

PAM-warn: service: <name> [on terminal: <term>]

If you find such messages, it would mean that pam_radius_auth.so
returned error; then you'll have to look into its configuration.

Regards,
Sergey