help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] Username case-sensitivity, detail.auth vs detail

From: Sebastian Hagedorn
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Username case-sensitivity, detail.auth vs detail
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:11:05 +0100

Hi,

we've recently switched to Gnu RADIUS 0.9.6, coming from a rather ancient version of Merit RADIUS (Merit AAA server Version 3.5.6). For the most part things are working fine, but there are a few problems that we haven't been able to solve yet. I've checked the list archives, but haven't found answers there.

With the old server usernames weren't case-sensitive. Apparently some of our users got used to that and are having problems now. We are authenticating via PAM. The PAM modules don't seem to offer a switch though, and I haven't seen anything in the RADIUS documentation, either. If that's the way it is, I guess we can live with that, but if there is a workaround I'd like to know it.

The other problem is that one of our NAS's, a Cisco 3030 VPN Concentrator, produces *only* a detail.auth file but no detail file. All other NAS's have both. I've checked file and directory permissions and all looks fine. The config file looks like this:

option {
       max-requests 1024;
       # Uncomment and edit these if you need to:
       log-dir "/var/log/radius/log";
       acct-dir "/var/log/radius/acct";
};

logging {
       channel default {
               file "radius.log";
               print-category yes;
               print-level yes;
       };
       channel debug {
               file "radius.debug";
       };
       category auth {
               print-auth yes;
               print-failed-pass no;
       };
       category =debug {
               channel debug;
       };
       category * {
               channel default;
       };
};

auth {
       max-requests 127;
       request-cleanup-delay 2;
       detail yes;
       strip-names yes;
       checkrad-assume-logged yes;
};

acct {
       max-requests 127;
       detail yes;
       request-cleanup-delay 2;
};

Any ideas?

Thanks, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK